Allegiant Movie Review

8:31 AM Mitchie 0 Comments

Movie: The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Book: Allegiant - Veronica Roth


Rating: 6/10



Okay, so first thing’s first, did anyone that worked on the movie actually ever get around to reading the book? Where the hell did that plot come from? I was honestly extremely confused through most of the movie and had no clue what the hell was going on. Which, really sucked because I LOVED the Divergent books (except the ending, but that’s a story for another time). The Insurgent movie was all over the place too and I’m still pretty upset about it, but what are you gonna do?

Overall, I did like the movie because is was super suspenseful and kept me hooked but as someone who actually read the books, I was ultimately disappointed. The books are so good, there’s no need to change the plot that drastically. I understand every movie team has to change bits and pieces to fit the book into a 2 hour film, but changing the whole plot? There’s no point. You just end up pissing off all the book lovers to no end. It’s happening more and more often that the movies go way out sync with the books, it happened with The Maze Runner, Paper Towns & now Divergent. Don’t get me wrong, the first Divergent movie was on point but the second and now the third seem like they’re coming out of nowhere.




Alright, here come the spoilers so if you don’t want to ruin the movie or the book for yourself (STOP NOW). Okay, if you keep reading I’m not responsible for any spoilers.

The Differences:
1. The Fringe
  • When did the Fringe turn into Mars? It’s supposed to be a wasteland, yes but not some crazy space-themed place with toxic rain. I mean, I’m pretty sure there’s trees and stuff, they also don’t get chased by one of Evelyn’s psychotic minions and instead run into some divergents that used to belong to Dauntless before they faked their deaths and ran away.
2. The Divergents
  • Speaking of those Divergents from Dauntless, they’re so central to the plot, what the hell happened to them? George Wu is the DIvergent brother of Tori, who thought he died and there’s a super heartbreaking moment in the book where the Allegiant group have to tell him that his sister died while they were trying to reach the outside. THIS NEVER HAPPENED IN THE MOVIE yet Tori still died and after a few minutes, she was completely forgotten….
3. Peter
  • What the hell happened to him? I have no idea, he’s pretty much completely different in the movie and has no intention of getting anywhere near the memory serum. I admired him so much in the book because he took that memory serum, and even though it broke my heart I knew it was the right thing to do. In the movie he’s just a complete ass 100% of the time. Don’t get me wrong, I adore Miles Teller and think he’s a perfect Peter, I just wish the movie writers and kept closer to the book on at least his character, but who knows, maybe he’ll change in the last movie?
4. Memory Serum
  • It was never actually released on the city…. Um….
5. Tris & Four’s relationship
  • What…. was… that… about…. The movie had them all over each other all the time, yeah they had a mini fight but like in the book they’re always disagreeing and literally the whole group is torn apart, which makes the ending so heartbreaking and unbearable.
6. Chicago
  • I know the city is Chicago, but do the people in the city ever actually find that out? I’m pretty sure Tris & The gang only find out once they’re with the Bureau…? They say Chicago about a thousand times in the movie and it just makes it… awkward? Yeah, awkward.
7. Uriah
  • My absolute favorite character in the entire series & he’s not even in the movies. I mean he has one small scene in Insurgent, but… that doesn’t count, not really. And his character is SO important in Allegiant. AH.


I have 0 hope for the last movie and no clue where they’re going with this, I mean Tris & Four aren’t supposed to head back to the city… I think four does at the very end but Tris never returns. No idea where’re they’re going but if they’re going to change everything else, here’s hopping they change the ending? Maybe…. Maybe not.


Until next time!

*Images from google

x Mitchie

0 comments: